“I don’t worry about those things,” Forte said. “A lot of it is media speculation, just like in the offseason they were like ‘the Bears could trade Matt.’ Everybody was talking about me getting traded then and it didn’t happen. Now after one guy gets traded, it all comes back again. I can’t control that either. They can trade me if they want to. I don’t think I’m going anywhere, but I can only control how I play on the football field and that’s what I do.”
- Buccaneers promoted WR Donteea Dye and DE Howard Jones to the active roster.
- Buccaneers placed DE T.J. Fatinikun on season-ending injured reserve.
- Buccaneers signed T Reid Fragel and DE Josh Shirley to their practice squad.
- Buccaneers released T Martin Wallace from their practice squad.
- ESPN’s Ed Werder reports that Dolphins interim HC Dan Campbell is expected to make decision regarding DC Kevin Coyle status with the team tomorrow.
- Werder adds that if Miami were to replace Coyle, linebackers coach Mark Duffner is an in-house candidate.
- Seahawks HC Pete Carroll told ESPN 710 Radio (via Bob Condotta) that the early word on RB Fred Jackson is that he suffered a high-ankle sprain last night.