- According to Ian Rapoport, former Chargers HC Mike McCoy appears to be the “clear choice” for top offensive coordinator available right now.
- Rapoport adds that McCoy has been mentioned by many candidates as their No. 1 choice to run their offense should they land a head-coaching job.
- McCoy has come up as a possible candidate for the Jets (NFLTR) and Broncos (NFLTR) for their offensive coordinator jobs.
- Browns HC Hue Jackson said of Pep Hamilton remaining with the team, despite reports he could be leaving to join Michigan HC Jim Harbaugh‘s staff: “I feel very comfortable that Pep will stay (with Browns).” (Mary Kay Cabot)
Lions QB Matthew Stafford told reporters after Saturday’s loss to the Seahawks that the plan for his injured figure is to let it heal with rest, as opposed to undergoing surgery.
“I think it’s going to heal with rest,” Stafford said, via Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press. “Yeah, that’s my plan right now.”
- Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports that the Raiders have prioritized bringing OL coach Mike Tice, who’s contract is up with the team.
- Mike Silver reports that Bills interim HC Anthony Lynn made a “very positive” impression during his interview with the Rams.
- Here are the latest updates regarding the Rams’ head-coaching search. (NFLTR)