Former Broncos and Redskins HC Mike Shanahan tells Nicki Jhabvala of The Denver Post that he could see himself coaching again in the NFL if the right opportunity and situation came around.
“You go 18 hours a day for 40-something years, and then you got a year and a half to two years where you feel like you got the time to do whatever you want to do,” Shanahan said. “I still study the heck out of football. I actually have more time. I study more football now than I actually did before. It’d have to be the right situation, for both sides — ownership and myself.”
The 49ers announced that 10 players tried out for their team on Saturday. The list includes:
- Willie Creear – CB – Eastern Michigan
- Fehoko Fanaika – G – Louisiana State
- Antonio Ford – G – Wake Forest
- Dasheon Frierson – CB – San Jose State
- Charles Garrett – CB – Nevada
- Randy Harvey – CB – Florida
- Mylan Hicks – CB – Michigan State
- Mike Lowe – SS – Cal-Berkeley
- Justin Renfrow – T – Miami (FL)
- Jared Wheeler – C – Miami (FL)
- The Chiefs had second-round pick OL Mitch Morse working at center during the first day of their rookie minicamp. (Herbie Teope)
- Dan Graziano of ESPN New York has gotten the sense from the Giants that they view DE Robert Ayers as just a “strong rotational piece.”
- Even so, Graziano mentions that either Ayers, George Selvie or Damontre Moore could end up starting next to Jason Pierre-Paul.
- Graziano’s best guess at the Giants’ starting offensive line heading into the 2015 season is: Will Beatty at left tackle, Justin Pugh at left guard, Weston Richburg at center, Geoff Schwartz at right guard and Ereck Flowers at right tackle.
- Graziano expects Trumaine McBride to get the first opportunity to be the team’s slot cornerback, but Mike Harris, Jayron Hosley or Chandler Fenner could be in the mix as well.