Home / Bears / NFL Notes: Mike Smith, Bears, Chargers, Cowboys, & Vikings
NFL Notes: Mike Smith, Bears, Chargers, Cowboys, & Vikings
- Ian Rapoport reports that former Falcons HC Mike Smith is already receiving interest and will be among those interviewing for at least one of the vacant head-coaching positions across the league.
- The Dolphins have come up as a potential option for Smith.
- Bears WR Alshon Jeffery had this to say when asked whether or not he wants to return to the team: “I love the city of Chicago but I will let my agent and Mr. Pace deal with that situation.” (Brad Biggs)
- Jeffery was also asked about the possibility of being franchise tagged and echoed similar sentiments: “If it happens, it happens. I just play football. I let my agent and Mr. Pace figure that out.” (Brad Biggs)
- Jeffery didn’t go into detail either, when asked about the big deals Julio Jones, A.J. Green, and Dez Bryant, saying they received “great deals” and that he’ll leave it to “his agent and Mr. Pace.” (Brad Biggs)
- Brad Biggs added that he’d be “very surprised” if Jeffery isn’t playing for the Bears in 2016.
- Ian Rapoport reports that the Chargers are expected to make some staff changes and names DC John Pagano as being particularly at risk.
Jason Cole reports that the Chargers could make changes to the assistant coaches and specifically named the defensive line coach, offensive line coach and offensive coordinator.
- Cowboys Director of Player Personnel Stephen Jones says there’s a “good chance” that they will be coaching in the Senior Bowl. (Jeff Cavanaugh)
Tags A.J. Green Alshon Jeffery Dez Bryant John Pagano Julio Jones Mike Smith Rhett Ellison Stephen Jones