- James Walker of ESPN takes a look at some speculative trade partners for Dolphins WR Mike Wallace in the event Miami is willing to make him available.
- According to Walker, the Seahawks, Colts and Saints could all be potential landing spots for Wallace.
- An anonymous scout tells Mark Eckel of NJ.com that Nebraska DE/OLB Randy Gregory reminds him of Dolphins draft bust Dion Jordan.
“He’s a hell of an athlete.” the scout said. “He just doesn’t make plays. He’s similar to Dion Jordan from a couple of years ago.”
“He does flash,” the scout added. “You’ll see him make a play and go ‘wow’ and then he won’t do anything else the rest of the game. To me he’s still a work in progress.”
- Andrew Brandt of MMQB.com predicts free agent RB DeMarco Murray will ultimately re-sign with the Cowboys to a team-friendly contract.
- Brandt also predicts that the Cowboys will franchise WR Dez Bryant, but later agree on a long-term contract extension.
- Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald writes that re-signing QB Matt Moore is “probably option No. 1” for the Dolphins when it comes to determining who will backup Ryan Tannehill next year.
- For what it’s worth, Salguero points out that Dolphins GM Dennis Hickey was part of the Buccaneers front office who drafted Josh Freeman several years ago.
- The Minnesota Vikings announced Thursday that they’ve promoted Kevin Warren to Chief Operating Officer.
- Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk writes that this move could seal Adrian Peterson’s fate with the Vikings.