On Friday, Texas A&M DE Myles Garrett pleaded for the Cowboys to trade up for him in the first round of this year’s draft.
“I’m speaking to you, Jerry,” Garrett said on ESPN. “Mr. [Jason] Garrett, make it happen. Dak Prescott is leading our team right now. I need you to take Tony Romo, take a couple picks, and give them to Cleveland so you can pick me up, please. I’d love to play in Dallas. Let’s make it happen.”
However, Garrett later explained that he wouldn’t have any issues playing for whoever drafts him, including the Browns.
“I made a comment about cold weather and they kind of pointed toward Cleveland,” said Garrett, per Mark Berman. “That doesn’t matter to me. I’ll play where ever they put me.”
The San Francisco 49ers announced Friday that they’ve hired six new members of the team’s coaching staff.
- Jon Embree – Assistant Head Coach/Tight Ends
- Nick Kray – Administrative Assistant to the Head Coach
- T.C. McCartney – Offensive Assistant
- Rich Scangarello – Quarterbacks
- Bobby Turner – Running Backs
- Ray Wright – Head Strength & Conditioning
The Atlanta Falcons announced four coaching moves on Friday.
- Marquand Manuel – defensive coordinator
- Raheem Morris – wide receivers/passing game coordinator/assistant head coach
- Doug Mallory – defensive backs coach
- Bryant Young – defensive line coach
- Jordan Raanan of ESPN writes that the Giants need to bring in an offensive tackle before the draft, either in free agency or via a trade.
- Raanan points out that the Giants can’t realistically wait until No. 23 overall in the draft to get an offensive tackle, especially considering that this year’s offensive line class isn’t considered to be very good.
- As for free agent possibilities, Raanan lists Andrew Whitworth, Ricky Wagner and Riley Reiff as three starting-caliber options.
- Possible trade candidates, according to Raanan, could include Browns LT Joe Thomas and 49ers LT Joe Staley.