- An NFL medical source tells ESPN’s Ed Werder that Myles Jack’s knee is more troubling in some ways than Jaylon Smith’s, considering that Smith’s knee will heal in time, but Jack’s knee is expected to deteriorate.
- Even so, Mike Garafolo expects him to be taken quickly in Day 2.
49ers GM Trent Baalke told reporters that there’s really no decision to even be made with retired OT Anthony Davis, seeing as he’s yet to apply for reinstatement into the NFL.
“There’s no decision to be made,” Baalke said, via CSN Bay Area. “Right now, he’s not in the National Football League. He’s retired. So there’s no reason to even speculate on what we’re going to do or what we might do.
“He’s got to be reinstated into the league and that’s a process that takes some time. He doesn’t put in and a day later he’s reinstated. There’s a process that he has to go through.”
- Alex Marvez reports that the Chiefs tried to trade up for Ole Miss WR Laquon Treadwell last night.
- Despite addition of OT Laremy Tunsil, sources tell Armando Salguero that the Dolphins are not interested in trading veteran LT Brandon Albert.
- After the Redskins selected TCU WR Josh Doctson in round one, there was immediate speculation about Pierre Garcon‘s future with the team.
- However, John Keim reports that nothing has changed in regards to Garcon’s status with the team.
- Keim mentions that this could still lead to them moving on from Garcon or DeSean Jackson after the 2016.
- Keim adds that Washington would still like to add more draft picks, so it wouldn’t be surprising to see them complete another trade on Day 2.