Home / Browns / NFL Notes: Myles Jack, Jaylon Smith, Browns, Chargers & Cowboys
NFL Notes: Myles Jack, Jaylon Smith, Browns, Chargers & Cowboys
Myles Jack & Jaylon Smith
- Matt Miller reports that both UCLA LB Myles Jack and Notre Dame LB Jaylon Smith both have insurance policies that protected them from falling out of the first round.
- Mary Kay Cabot writes that the Browns should consider taking Michigan State QB Connor Cook with the N0. 32 overall pick.
- Browns executive VP Sashi Brown told reporters that he’s already received calls about the No. 32 overall pick.
- Aditi Kinkhabwala mentions that Browns HC Hue Jackson was surprised that UCLA LB Myles Jack wasn’t taken in round one.
- It’s worth mentioning that the Browns will have the first pick of the second round tomorrow.
- Chargers GM Tom Telesco said they may have an opportunity to trade down in the second round, but added: “We sit in a good spot, being the fourth pick tomorrow.” (Michael Gehlken)
- Todd Archer reports that the Cowboys offered the Seahawks second- and third-round picks for their No. 26 overall pick to select QB Paxton Lynch.
- Jerry Jones confirmed the Cowboys made a big effort to move up for Lynch and he thought they had a deal done. In fact, the Cowboys may have been willing to offer more than what Seattle got from Denver. (Ed Werder)
- Adam Schefter reports that the Cowboys considered trading their No. 4 overall pick to the Ravens, but passed on the deal for fear they wouldn’t get RB Ezekiel Elliott.
- Cowboys VP Stephen Jones confirmed that will work on getting a long-term extension in place for C Travis Frederick after picking up fifth-year option. (Clarence Hill)
Tags Connor Cook Ezekiel Elliott Hue Jackson Jaylon Smith Myles Jack Tom Telesco Travis Frederick