- A high-placed source tells Jason Cole with confidence that free agent DT Ndamukong Suh is going to the Dolphins.
- According to Cole, the other team chasing after Suh is the Lions.
- Michael Gehlken on the Union-Tribune reports that the Chargers are known to have “serious interest” in Broncos guard-tackle Orlando Franklin.
- According to Gehlken, San Diego has flirted with the idea of moving RT D.J. Fluker inside, and adding Franklin would allow them to do so.
- Stephen Holder mentions that the Colts aren’t currently involved in the Devin McCourty talks.
- Holder adds that nothing imminent between the Colts and free agent S Mike Adams at this point in time.
- Todd Archer reports that the Cowboys plan to tender restricted free agents RB Lance Dunbar and P Chris Jones at the original pick level.
- According to Archer, the Cowboys still want veteran CB Brandon Carr to take a paycut from his $8 million base salary.
- Charles Robinson mentions that the Cowboys will be one of the suitors for free agent OLB Brian Orakpo.
Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald has a bunch of nuggets regarding the Dolphins plans for free agency. Here’s the latest:
- According to Jackson, the Dolphins are exploring the market for defensive backs while making plans to move on from LBs Dannell Ellerbe and Philip Wheeler.
- Miami has reportedly inquired about Saints free agent CB Patrick Robinson and expressed interest in Texans CB Kareem Jackson before he re-signed earlier in the day.
- The Dolphins would like to re-sign DB Jimmy Wilson, but there’s apparently “formidable competition from several interested teams.”
- They’re also considering other free agents like Falcons CB Robert McClain and Chargers CB Shareece Wright, and could show interest in guys like Byron Maxwell, Buster Skrine and Antonio Cromartie as well.
- Miami would still like re-sign S Louis Delmas, according to Jackson.