- Former Buccaneers GM Mark Dominik lists the Dolphins, Jaguars, Redskins, Giants, and Cowboys as the top-five potential suitors for free agent DT Ndamukong Suh, per Alex Marvez.
Jaguars free agent WR Cecil Shorts said he’s “fed up with this losing stuff” when asked what he’s looking for this offseason.
“I just care about winning, man,” Shorts said, via Mike Garafolo of FOX Sports. “When it comes down to it, I’m kind of fed up with this losing stuff. I’d do anything I can to help this team win. But you’re going to get a reliable guy. I’m not going to be any trouble during the season or the offseason. Just a reliable guy that’s going to be there and show up on Sunday.”
- Garafolo writes that Titans free agent OLB Derrick Morgan has the potential to secure a “sizable” contract and have a big impact for his new team.
- One option for Cowboys free agent OT Jeremy Parnell, according to Garafolo, is the Redskins, who hired Bill Callahan as their new offensive line coach. Garafolo mentions that “Parnell could stay in the NFC East and make some good money in the process.“
- Another free agent to watch for the Redskins could be Chargers LB Andrew Gachkar given that he has ties to new defensive coordinator Joe Barry.
- Garafolo wonders is the Falcons could be an option for Seahawks S Jeron Johnson now that they’ve hired Dan Quinn as their new head coach.
- Matt Maiocco reports that veteran DL Justin Smith stopped by 49ers’ offices today, presumably to speak with new HC Jim Tomsula.
- According to Maiocco, there’s still no word yet whether Smith plans on returning for the 2015 season.
- Free agent CB Robert McClain tells Alex Marvez that he met with Falcons HC Dan Quinn last week and said the door is open to re-signing with the team.
- Scot Bair of CBS Bay Area takes a look at some potential cornerback targets for the Raiders including: Byron Maxwell, Kareem Jackson, Perrish Cox, and Davon House.