- Jason La Canfora mentions that “the more time NFL evaluators spend with [Jameis] Winston, in meetings, drawing up plays, deconstructing defenses, the higher his stock will rise.“
- Mike Freeman of the Bleacher Report writes that Winston is “is shaping up to be the second quarterback taken in the 2015 draft after Oregon’s Marcus Mariota.”
- Some scouts have told Freeman that Winston would rate ahead of Mariota “by far” if he didn’t have the maturity and off-field issues.
“He’s the best pro-ready quarterback in the country,” one scout tells Freeman, “but he’s also extremely immature.“
“If I picked him first in this draft,” the scout explained, “I’d cross my fingers on both hands. If he stayed in college, stayed out of trouble and grew up, I’d draft him and only cross the fingers on one hand.”
- Vic Carucci reports that Bills GM Doug Whaley has been telling coaching candidates that QB E.J. Manuel’s struggles have more to do with coaching than his ability.
- The Jaguars have granted the Eagles permission to speak with pro personnel director Chris Polian regarding their GM position. (Albert Breer)
- The two sides are still working on a time to setup a meeting. (Albert Breer)
- Jason La Canfora has a “hunch” that the Titans will try to pull off a Robert Griffin III-type trade with a team looking to trade up to No. 2 overall for FSU QB Jameis Winston.