According to Jason Cole of the Bleacher Report, NFL executives are starting question if they might be overvaluing Alabama players.
Cole mentions that the perception of defensive backs could particularly be effected in the 2015 NFL draft given that guys like Mark Barron, Dre Kirkpatrick and Kareem Jackson haven’t lived up to their draft status.
Barron was traded on Tuesday just a few years after the Buccaneers used their No. 7 overall pick on him. Tampa Bay managed to get just a fourth and sixth-round pick in return for Barron from the Rams.
- RB Doug Martin (ankle) did not practice on Thursday, but is no longer sporting a walking boot. (Greg Auman)
- HC Lovie Smith says KR/PR Trindon Holliday hurt his hamstring during Thursday’s practice, but didn’t provide any details regarding the severity of his injury. (Roy Cummings)
- HC Lovie Smith said that RB Charles Sims is “making progress” but isn’t sure if he’ll be able to place this week. (Greg Auman)
- RB Ryan Matthews could be back for Week 11’s game, barring setback. (Michael Gehlken)
- OLB Melvin Ingram (hip) and ILB Manti Te’o (foot) are reportedly making “good progress.” (Michael Gehlken)
- CB Brandon Flowers is practicing after clearing the concussion protocol. (Bernie Wilson)
- LB Bruce Carter suffered a broken finger during Thursday’s practice, but expects to play in Week 9 with a splint for protection. (Todd Archer)
- Practice squad QB Chandler Harnish suffered a lisfranc injury and is expected to be out a while. (Chris Tomasson)
- The Vikings are expected to take a look at replacements, but QB McLeod Bethel-Thompson will not among them. (VikingsUpdate)