Jason McIntyre of The Big Lead reports that CBS Sports is engaged in “high-level talks” about purchasing a large chunk of the NFL Network.
According to McIntyre, the Thursday Night Football package sold to CBS was considered something of a “trial run” to see about a larger partnership.
Multiple sources tell McIntyre that CBS Sports could acquire as much as 40 percent or more of the NFL Network, and both sides see view this as a “win-win.“
McIntyre’s sources also mentioned that there’s a “small cabal of influential NFL owners” who are frustrated that the NFL Network is not making that much money.
The fact that CBS has worked with the NFL Network is seen as the reason why they aren’t exploring deals with NBC or FOX.
One other interesting note from McIntyre’s article is that a source tells him: “The partnership with CBS went well, and nobody at either of those networks is as close with Bob Kraft – the most powerful owner in the NFL – as Les Moonves at CBS.”
- Joel Corry reports that $5 million of Buccaneers DT Gerald McCoy’s 2015 base salary and $6.5 million of his 2015 league year roster bonus are fully guaranteed today.
- Corry also mentions that $6 million of McCoy’s 2016 base salary is fully guaranteed as of today.
- According to Joel Corry, Drew Brees‘ $18.75 million 2015 base salary is fully guaranteed as of today.
- Joel Corry reports that Saints TE Jimmy Graham’s $2.9 million 2015 base salary and $5 million of his 2015 league year roster bonus are fully guaranteed today.
The Texans announced several coaching changes on Wednesday.
- Paul Pasqualoni will be their defensive line coach.
- Mike Devlin will be their offensive line.
- Anthony Pleasant will transition from assistant strength and conditioning coach to defensive assistant.
- Former Arena League HC Pat O’Hara will be an offensive assistant.
- Brian Bell was named assistant strength and conditioning coach.