- Incumbent NFLPA DeMaurice Smith was his re-election bid with a unanimous decision last night.
- He was challenged by eight other candidates.
- According to Peter King of Sports Illustrated, Florida State QB Jameis Winston isn’t planning on attending the 2015 NFL Draft in Chicago, and will instead be staying home with his family.
Free agent DL Ray McDonald discussed why his lawsuit against the women who accused him of rape was so important.
“I feel like what I am doing is the right thing because I know that I am not this bad person that people are making me out to be. I’ve been fired from my job. I know some teams don’t even want to talk to me because of this past accusation. All I am trying to do is clear my name and move on with my life.”
Anderson has much more information regarding the situation found here.
Peter King points out that the Brown didn’t just use a first-round pick on RB Trent Richardson a few years ago. They traded a package that included a fourth, fifth, and seventh-round pick to the Vikings to move up one spot to get the Alabama running back.
King mentions that had they remained where they were and bypassed Richardson, they were players like Luke Kuechly, WR Jairus Wright, RB Alfred Morris and either K Justin Tucker or LB Vontaze Burfict all available to them.
The Browns managed to get trade Richardson to the Colts and recoup an first-round pick for him, which looks like a brilliant move in hindsight, as Indy cut him loose last week. Although, that first-round pick became QB Johnny Manziel and the jury’s still out on whether or not he’ll be an asset for them.
- According to Peter King, the Cowboys had a “soft limit” of $5 million annually in regards to a salary for DeMarco Murray.
- King adds that Dallas “never thought” about matching the Eagles’ offer for Murray.