Home / Bills / NFL Notes: Nick Foles, Broncos, Cowboys & Saints
NFL Notes: Nick Foles, Broncos, Cowboys & Saints
- Jason Cole of B/R reports that the Vikings, Cowboys and Bills are all looking to upgrade at the backup quarterback spot and are expected to have interest in free agent QB Nick Foles.
- However, Cole says that Foles is likely to sign a short-term contract in order to keep the open option down the line for him to get another shot at being a starter in the NFL.
- Peter Schrager of FOX Sports is hearing a lot of buzz regarding Broncos QB Trevor Siemien.
- According to Schrager, HC Gary Kubiak saying it’s an open competition isn’t just lip service.
- Broncos WR Emmanuel Sanders tells James Palmer that he’s hoping to remain in Denver, but if they can’t agree on a number, he knows he may have to consider moving on.
- Sanders added that he wants a “fair deal” from the team: “I said it from Day 1 — I’m not trying to break the bank. I want to be here. But I want a fair deal.” (Nicki Jhabvala)
- According to Sanders, the two sides are still going back and forth” in contract negotiations. (Mike Klis)
- According to Jason Cole of B/R, a bone scan revealed that Darren McFadden‘s elbow is good, and the expectation is now that he’ll be able to return at some point during training camp.
- Cole adds that McFadden will be ready for the start of the season and could be available to practice for a few weeks during the preseason.
- Cole considers McFadden to be “vital” to the Cowboys’ offense in 2016, especially with the domestic abuse allegations made against rookie RB Ezekiel Elliott.
- Saints QB Drew Brees told reporters on Thursday that he believes he can play until at least until he’s 40 years old: “I want to step away from this game when I’m ready, not when someone tells me to.” (Josh Katzenstein)
- Regarding this contract situation, Brees said it’s the furthest thing from his mind while he’s out here preparing for the season. Brees also reiterated that this next month is the time to get it done because he won’t discuss a new deal during the regular season. (Mike Triplett)
Tags Darren McFadden Drew Brees Emmanuel Sanders Ezekiel Elliott Gary Kubiak Nick Foles Trevor Siemien