Eagles QB Nick Foles mentioned that he nearly retired from the NFL after the Rams elected to cut him loose a few years ago.
“Yes, I sat there and talked with my wife,” Foles said, via Reuben Frank of NBC Sports Philly. “You go through a lot of emotions. Changing teams, being traded, going there, going through that year, and once I was a free agent, we just sort of sat there and said, ‘Hey what do we want to do?’
“It was the first time I had been a free agent in my career and it was the first time I had to make a decision because I was drafted and traded. I was leaning toward not playing and stepping back.”
Foles ultimately signed on with the Chiefs and eventually returned to the Eagles where he’s now in position to lead the team over the remainder of the 2017 season following the loss of Carson Wentz.
“My wife and I kept talking for months, and when I was free I talked with Coach (Andy) Reid for a while and then I took a break,” Foles said.
“I went on a camping trip with my brother. I came back and my wife and I kept talking and just prayed about it. We just made the decision to go back and play for Coach Reid.”
“It was the best decision I made going there in that situation,” said Foles.
- The Miami Dolphins have CB Cordrea Tankersley, S Michael Thomas, QB Matt Moore and RB Damien Williams all listed as doubtful for Sunday’s game against the Bills.
- The Dolphins also ruled out G Jermon Bushrod (foot) and have CB Xavien Howard (illness) listed questionable for Week 15.
- The Jacksonville Jaguars officially list RB Leonard Fournette as questionable for Week 15’s game.
- The Jaguars have also officially ruled out WR Allen Hurns (ankle) and WR Larry Pinkard (concussion) for Sunday’s game.
- The Tennessee Titans officially ruled out LB Derrick Morgan (knee) for Week 15’s game and have S Johnathan Cyprien (back) and TE Phillip Supernaw (ankle) down as being questionable.