Mike Freeman of B/R spoke with an official for one of the team’s with a coaching vacancy who believes “every team with an opening has reached out to Nick Saban.”
However, Saban’s reps have reportedly made it clear that he will not be leaving Alabama.
“All of us were told to f–k off,” the official told Freeman, “but in a very polite and respectful manner.”
- Mike Silver mentions that Bills interim HC Anthony Lynn interviewed for the Chargers’ head coach job on Tuesday and figures to be in the mix for that job as well as the 49ers and Rams’ vacancies.
- Mike Freeman of B/R has spoken to some team executives who believe the Browns will trade out of the No. 1 overall pick in this year’s draft and move back to get UNC QB Mitch Trubisky.
- Dolphins HC Adam Gase told reporters on Wednesday that they are still “going through the process” of seeing if QB Ryan Tannehill needs surgery for his knee injury. (Ian Rapoport)
- Mike Garafolo mentions that this remains a storyline to watch, as the longer this situation goes unanswered, the more you have to wonder when, not if, Tannehill will undergo knee surgery.
- Gase was asked about the possibility of moving the defense from a 4-3 to a 3-4 next year, but he said he isn’t inclined to do so. (Adam Beasley)
- Vincent Bonsignore reports that the Rams are expected to give second interviews to three or four candidates before deciding on their next head coach.