Home / Patriots / NFL Notes: O.J. Howard, Patriots, Raiders, Vikings
NFL Notes: O.J. Howard, Patriots, Raiders, Vikings
- Conor Orr spoke with Alabama TE O.J. Howard, who mentioned that he has pre-draft visits scheduled with the Panthers, Jaguars and Bears.
- According to Howard, he has already met with the Titans and Buccaneers.
- Following the news that the Patriots hosedt free agent RB Adrian Peterson for a visit on Monday (NFLTR), Mike Florio writes that the decision to bring in Peterson in could be an attempt to get free agent RB LeGarrette Blount to accept what they’re offering him.
- Florio admits that it’s possible the Patriots are genuinely are interested in Peterson. However, New England likely would have kept the visit quiet, as opposed to leaking the news over the weekend.
- According to Florio, “it’s hard to imagine Peterson and the Patriots doing a deal in the near future,” given that they most likely won’t be willing to pay him what he’s looking for and the role they would likely offer him.
- There has been some talk about the Raiders possibly playing in San Antonio once their lease is up with the city of Oakland as a temporary stop before moving into their new stadium in Las Vegas.
- Peter King of TheMMQB.com suggests having the Raiders play in London the Raiders play four home games in London during the 2019 season with them coming in two sets of back-to-back games.
King mentions that this would be a great test for the NFL and how the game is catching on in London.
- In fact, one NFL owner tells King that he loves the idea: “I love the idea. I doubt the Raiders will. But that’s not the first time I’ve heard that.”
- Ben Goessling of ESPN writes that even after signing RB Latavius Murray to a three-year, $15 million contract, it’s possible that the Vikings could draft another running back.
- The Vikings will host Toledo RB Kareem Hunt this week and have met or worked out Oklahoma’s Samaje Perine, Tennessee’s Alvin Kamara, and Oklahoma’s Joe Mixon.
- Goessling also mentions that prospects such as Texas’ D’Onta Foreman and Clemson’s Wayne Gallman could be available to Minnesota at No. 48 overall with Wyoming’s Brian Hill and Boise State’s Jeremy McNichols also being considerations.
Tags Adrian Peterson Alvin Kamara Brian Hill D'Onta Foreman Jeremy McNichols Joe Mixon Kareem Hunt Latavius Murray LeGarrette Blount O.J. Howard Samaje Perine Wayne Gallman