Odell Beckham Jr.
- According to Ian Rapoport, Giants WR Odell Beckham Jr. signed the “most lucrative” shoe deal ever for an NFL player, signing to a five-year contract with Nike.
- Rapoport reports that Beckham Jr’s contract has the potential to turn into an eight-year deal and that Nike matched Adidas’ recent offer to him.
- Beckham Jr.’s new contract with Nike is expected to be worth over $25 million, including incentives that could add at least $1 million to each year of the agreement. (Nick DePaula)
- DePaula mentions that the contract could escalate into an eight-year deal worth at least $48 million.
Raiders owner Mark Davis said he is hopeful that construction on the team’s new stadium in Las Vegas will begin in January.
“In this process, it’s like another first down,” said Davis, via Ed Graney of the Las Vegas Review-Journal. “We have a lot more to do, but this was a big step. Hopefully, getting shovels in the ground by the first of the year is possible now.”
- Jeremy Fowler of ESPN reports that Steelers SS Sean Davis underwent surgery on his shoulder this offseason but is expected to be completely recovered in time for training camp.
- The Minnesota Vikings posted a video of QB Teddy Bridgewater taking snaps and throwing passes at the team’s OTAs on Tuesday.