- The Rockland Boulders of the Can-Am professional baseball league have offered Giants WR Odell Beckham a rookie contract. (Lohud.com)
- Despite outplaying fifth-round QB Brett Hundley in offseason workouts, Rob Demovsky writes that Matt Blanchard is unlikely to make the final roster cuts in Green Bay.
- Devomsky projects both fullbacks John Kuhn and Aaron Ripkowski.
- One notable cut for the Packers could be 2014 third-round DL Khyri Thornton, according to Demovsky.
- Demovsky has 2014 fourth-round LB Carl Bradford among the team’s roster cuts.
Paul Kuharsky of ESPN.com writes that there’s really no reason to panic in regards to No. 2 overall pick QB Marcus Mariota’s contract situation until around July 29, which is the day before the start of training camp.
The standoff between Tennessee and Mariota appears to be related to offset language being included in his rookie contract. No. 1 overall pick Jameis Winston didn’t have this language added to his contract, but No. 3 overall pick DE Dante Fowler did, even though he sustained a season-ending knee injury.
With this in mind, it appears likely that Mariota feels as though he too should have offset language included in his rookie contract.