- NFL executive Troy Vincent said that he expects the league to hire as many as 17 full-time officials for the 2017 season, which will boost crews to eight on-field officials from seven. (Associated Press)
- Vincent pointed out that officials are currently participating under part-time restrictions and that improving to full-time positions could help the NFL train them more extensively.
- It has yet to be decided where the extra official would line up at on the field, with one proposal suggesting a middle sideline judge that would monitor interior defensive line penalties and hits to the quarterback.
- Vincent went on to say that hiring full-time officials and possibly expanding replay reviews are some of the competition committee’s top priorities this offseason.
- Bills OC Anthony Lynn says he is “not certain” if WR Sammy Watkins (foot) will be able to finish the 2016 season without requiring another surgery. (Mike Rodak)
- According to Jason Cole of B/R, the Broncos are holding out hope that QB Trevor Siemian (foot) will be able to play in Sunday’s game despite his injury.
- Furthermore, the team is concerned that first-round QB Paxton Lynch is not ready to start, as he seems to lose focus on passes downfield when the pocket collapses around him.
- If Lynch does in fact start, Cole expects Denver to utilize a lot of short passes to minimize his time in the pocket.
- Dolphins G/OT Laremy Tunsil (shoulder) said he will play in Week 13’s game. (James Walker)
- Dolphins OC Clyde Christensen said they are “preparing for the worst” regarding WR DeVante Parker‘s back injury and that he could come down to a game-time decision. (James Walker)
Jets CB Darrelle Revis said he is not weighing retirement and that he has considered making a move to safety.
“No. No. I’m still under contract through 2018,” said Revis, via Ralph Vacchiano of SportsNet New York. “I’m under contract. I think just because we’re not having a good year these allegations come out. There’s nothing I can control.”
Revis also said that he would consider making a position change and will speak to coaches this offseason to see where he could improve.
“Yeah. All of this is just making adjustments because of where I’m at in my career. That’s how I look at it. I don’t look at it any different, and I’ll go from there.”