Several teams will begin their offseason workouts on Monday including:
- Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk reports that Stanford RB Christian McCaffrey declined all private workout requests with NFL teams.
- McCaffrey elected to sit out of Stanford’s Bowl game, which drew criticism from several outlets. However, it’s clear that McCaffrey is taking no chances in the weeks leading up to this year’s NFL draft.
- We have him being selected by the Redskins in the First Round of our 2017 NFL Mock Draft.
- Brad Biggs of the Chicago Tribune writes that the Bears are digging deep and doing background research on Texas Tech QB Patrick Mahomes.
- The Bears previously traveled to Texas Tech to privately work out Mahomes and he was expected to make an official visit to Chicago this weekend, according to Biggs.
- Biggs says that Mahomes may not make it out of the first 10 picks in this year’s draft.
- Mike Klis of 9News takes a look at some potential defensive end targets for the Broncos in this year’s draft class.
- Klis mentions that the Broncos tried to address the position in free agency by making recruiting bids for Calais Campbell and Earl Mitchell but ultimately lost out on both players.
- Unless, Alabama’s Jonathan Allen falls to the Broncos at No. 20 overall, which is considered unlikely, it’s more likely they would address the position later on in the draft.
- Klis lists Allen, Michigan’s Taco Charlton, Florida’s Caleb Brantley, Michigan State’s Malik McDowell, Michigan’s Chris Wormley, Villanova’s Tanoh Kpassagnon, Auburn’s Montravius Adams, North Carolina-Charlotte’s Larry Ogunjobi and Oklahoma State’s Vincent Taylor as some names to keep an eye on for Denver.