“Zero plans to retire at this moment,” Umenyiora told ESPN. “I feel like I can still play, No. 1. The way things ended last year, I’m just not going to end my career like that. That’s not going to happen.
“I feel like when put in the right situation and given the opportunity to play, I would still be able to help somebody. I want to end the way it’s supposed to end.”
Mike Garafolo mentions that this will only add to the talk that Umenyiora could possibly return to the Giants next season.
- Todd Archer isn’t ruling out the idea of the Cowboys drafting an offensive lineman for the fourth time in the last five years.
- Archer suggests Iowa’s Brandon Scherff, Pittsburgh’s T.J. Clemmings or Miami’s Ereck Flowers could all be options for the Cowboys to consider.
- Sources tell Geoff Mosher of CSN Philly that CB Cary Williams will have a market if he becomes a free agent.
- According to Mosher, “at least four teams” have checked into Williams’ status last week.
- The Eagles reportedly haven’t yet approached Williams about his future, but they are likely wait and see what free agent market looks
- Mosher reports that the Eagles will tender restricted free agent RB Chris Polk at the lowest-level.
- Mosher suggests Chiefs DB Ron Parker and Chargers LB Andrew Gachkar as potential free agent targets for the Eagles.
- Philadelphia reported has had no talks regarding an extension for DT Fletcher Cox.
- Veteran OLB Trent Cole will meet with the Eagles in the next week to discuss a contract restructure.
“Calvin is a stud,” Mayhew said, via Tim Twentyman of DetroitLions.com. “Calvin is a great player. He’s a phenomenal player. He has a very bright future. I plan on him being around for a long time.”
Mayhew added that the injuries Johnson’s dealt with in recent years aren’t a concern of his.
“Sometimes guys get injured,” Mayhew said. “It’s not a big concern for me. He’s another guy who’s tough. He gets out there and he plays. There was one game this year, I think it was Buffalo, he gutted it out. This guy goes to war every week.”