Home Packers NFL Notes: Packers, Raiders, Texans, Titans
- According to Alex Marvez, Colts DL coach Gary Emanuel has interviewed for the same position with the Packers.
- The Packers announced Wednesday that they have promoted Ed Policy to chief operating officer and general counsel. (Aaron Nagler)
- New Raiders DC Paul Guenther told reporters on Wednesday that the Bengals made a “strong push” to retain him before adding: “The opportunity to come out here with Jon (Gruden) and start from the ground up was way too intriguing.” (Paul Gutierrez)
- As for what the defense will look like, Guenther said: “I’m going to do the best with the talent that we have…put players in the best position to succeed, whether that’s 4-3 or 3-4…I want to get Khalil Mack, one-on-one. That’s a blitz to me.” (Paul Gutierrez)
- Guenther said that he’s hoping they will re-sign veteran LB NaVorro Bowman this offseason: “I think NaVorro (Bowman) is a prototype middle linebacker…I love smart guys who love playing football. Hopefully, we can get him back in the fold and keep him a Raider.” (Paul Gutierrez)
- We have Bowman featured in our Top 100 – 2018 NFL Free Agents list.
- New Raiders OC Gregg Olson said they are still discussing whether or not to hire a quarterbacks coach. (Vic Tafur)
- New Texans GM Brian Gaine told reporters that a long-term extension for DE Jadeveon Clowney is on the agenda: “Certainly a player valued by the organization.” (Aaron Wilson)
- Gaine acknowledged that a lot of decisions will need to be made regarding their secondary, including players in line to be free agents. (Aaron Wilson)
- Albert Breer reports that the Titans have adjusted their head coach interviews so that Texans DC Mike Vrabel will meet with them on Thursday and Rams OC Matt LaFleur will do so on Friday.
- Jason Wolf of USA Today, citing a source, reports that Titans DC Dick LeBeau “would be comfortable retiring” if he is not asked to return next season and is taking a “wait and see” approach to the team’s coaching search.
- Terry McCormick names Vikings RB Jerick McKinnon and Jaguars WR Allen Robinson as two impending free agents that Tennessee should consider this offseason.