- David Newton can see the Panthers winning as many as 12 games this season and as few as eight.
- Newton mentions that signing ILB Luke Kuechly to an extension is a priority for the Panthers.
- However, Newton isn’t convinced that the Panthers will re-sign CB Josh Norman to a market-value contract based on GM Dave Gettleman’s recent history.
- Nick Wagoner of ESPN projects QB Nick Foles to throw for 3,100-3,300 passing yards, 18-22 touchdowns and seven to 10 interceptions, assuming he stays healthy.
- Wagoner still gets the impression that WR Brian Quick will be ready for the start of the regular season.
- However, if Quick is unable to go for Week 1, Wagoner mentions that Stedman Bailey being the starter in his place on the outside.
- Wagoner can see TE Jared Cook posting something like 50 catches for 650 yards receiving and four touchdowns this season.
Terry Blount of ESPN takes a look at the Seahawks’ offensive line as they prepare for the start of training camp.
- Blount considers Russell Okung, Justin Britt, J.R. Sweezy, and Alvin Bailey all to be locks to make the team.
- Players in good position to secure jobs this summer, according to Blount include: Lemuel Jeanpierre, Garry Gilliam, Mark Glowinski, Terry Poole and Kristjan Sokoli.
- Blount expects Patrick Lewis and Drew Nowak, who are competing for the center job, to be on the roster bubble.
- Paul Kuharsky of ESPN does not think Marcus Mariota‘s contract dispute will hurt his chances of starting over Zach Mettenberger, even if he misses training camp and practices.