Home / Eagles / NFL Notes: Pass Interference, Eagles, Giants, Saints & Seahawks
NFL Notes: Pass Interference, Eagles, Giants, Saints & Seahawks
- Jason Cole of B/R spoke to three NFL coaches who agreed with the no-call against Seahawks S Kam Chancellor at the end of Sunday night’s game.
- The coaches said that they favor more no-calls on pass interference plays, as there are too many calls being made against the defense that encourages receivers to draw contact, as opposed to running routes.
- Jimmy Kempski points out that Patriots CB Eric Rowe has played 23.4 percent of the team’s snaps this year by his count, which is notable considering that the Eagles would receive New England’s third-round pick if Rowe plays 50 percent of their snaps in either 2016 or 2017. Otherwise, the Eagles receive a fourth-round selection in 2018 from the Patriots.
- Mike Garafolo reports that Giants WR Victor Cruz remains a game-time decision. However, his sources have indicated that it’s unlikely Cruz plays against the Bengals tonight.
- Saints DT Nick Fairley earned a $250,000 bonus by recording his fourth sack of the season on Sunday.
- Nick Underhill mentions that Fairley would receive another $250,000 for reaching 5 ½ sacks and there’s another bonus available to him at seven sacks.
- Should Fairley play 65 percent or more of the team’s snaps, he would earn another $750,000, As of now, Underhill has him at 68.4 percent of the team’s snaps.
Tags Eric Rowe Kam Chancellor Michael Bennett Nick Fairley Thomas Rawls Victor Cruz