Whitney Mayfield of KLTV reports that Chiefs first-round QB Patrick Mahomes was robbed at gunpoint in Smith County, Texas on Friday.
According to the report, four individuals, including Mahomes, told deputies that they had been robbed by a white male suspect who they believed to be armed with a handgun.
The suspect allegedly approached the victims and was gesturing as if he had a handgun.
Deputies later located the suspect’s vehicle and took two males into custody and are holding them on a $50,000 bond and charging them with aggravated robbery.
- The New York Giants announced Monday that they’ve signed WR Kevin Snead and waived OL Martin Wallace.
- Mike Triplett hears that while there’s no deal in place between the Saints and Georgia Tech QB Justin Thomas, it’s possible something could still develop.
Peter King of TheMMQB.com believes the Seahawks make sense for free agent QB Colin Kaepernick for a number of reasons including:
- Limited experience of Trevone Boykin, Jake Heaps, Skyler Howard and Michael Birdsong.
- The importance of having a good backup quarterback.
- Seahawks HC Pete Carroll and GM John Schneider are both open-minded when it comes to player acquisition.
- Albert Breer also thinks Seattle is “the logical destination” for Kaepernick, but wonders if they would want to add more distractions to their team.
- Ian Rapoport says that the Seahawks could be an option for Kaepernick, but there are still a lot of questions that need to be answered before OTAs.