- Mike Reiss of ESPN considers Rob Gronkowski to be the only lock at tight end to make the 53-man roster at this point in the offseason.
- This is interesting considering that the Patriots traded a fourth-round pick to the Colts for TE Dwayne Allen.
- The Patriots also have Matt Lengel, James O’Shaughnessy, Jacob Hollister, and Sam Cotton competing for roster spots this summer.
- Reiss notes that Hollister received the second-highest total of guaranteed money ($90,000) among their undrafted rookie signings.
- According to Jason Cole of B/R, Redskins QB Kirk Cousins reportedly wants to see how the new front office structure will work in Washington before getting serious about a long-term extension.
- The overall expectation is that a long-term deal won’t be in place by Monday’s deadline to negotiate with franchise players. (NFLTR)
“Do I believe it? I don’t know how much tea he drank. I have no clue,” Zimmer said. “I don’t have any doubt why there’d be skepticism, but he told me that he wasn’t (drinking). That it was legit.”
Zimmer added that he spoke to Floyd shortly after the news broke about his failed Breathalyzer tests and told him he would cut him if it was determined he lied to them.
“I said, ‘If I find out you’re lying to me, I’m going to cut you,” Zimmer said.