Home / Broncos / NFL Notes: Peyton Manning, Eugene Monroe, Giants & Franchise Tags
NFL Notes: Peyton Manning, Eugene Monroe, Giants & Franchise Tags
- Albert Breer of The MMQB reports that “word persists” Peyton Manning will eventually end up in a similar role to the one John Elway has with the Broncos.
- According to Breer, Manning’s aspirations for this type of job may actually make him more willing to help the NFL’s investigation into the allegations that surfaced involving him several months ago.
- Dan Graziano reports that the Giants have been in contact with Eugene Monroe‘s agent since he was released, and the team is interested in signing the veteran tackle.
- According to Graziano, Monroe’s plan as of now is to take a couple of days to assess other interest and then possibly schedule a visit or two early next week.
- Monroe would prefer to play left tackle, but isn’t ruling out moving to right tackle.
- The Giants would prefer to keep Ereck Flowers at left tackle and bring in Monroe to play on the right side, per Graziano.
- In regards to the players who received franchise tags this offseason, Albert Breer can Broncos OLB Von Miller and Chiefs S Eric Berry signing long-term deals before the July 15 deadline.
- However, Breer doesn’t expect the Jets to get DL Muhammad Wilkerson under contract before then.
Tags Eric Berry eugene monroe Muhammad Wilkerson Peyton Manning von miller