There have been some rumors floating around that Chargers QB Philip Rivers is disappointed with the team’s decision to move to Los Angeles and could request to be traded to the 49ers.
- However, Rivers tells Kevin Acee that he is not pushing for a trade to the 49ers and is fine with the team to moving to Los Angeles.
- Rivers also texted Jim Trotter that this was “news to me.”
- Matt Barrows reports that Gus Bradley is Tom Cable’s top choice to be his defensive coordinator if he’s hired as the 49ers’ next head coach.
- If Bradley declines to join Cable in San Francisco, Barrows mentions that Falcons assistant Marquand Manuel also is also a possibility.
- Mary Kay Cabot reports that the Browns have fired DL coach Robert Nunn.
- This comes after the news that the Browns are hiring Clyde Simmons as their new defensive line coach. (NFLTR)
- The Panthers announced Tuesday that WRs coach Ricky Proehl is stepping away from coaching to spend more time with his family. (Jourdan Rodrigue)
- David Newton mentions that if the Panthers choose to promote from within the staff to replace Proehl as their receivers coach, they have two candidates who should garner consideration — Cam Turner and Lance Taylor.
- Interestingly enough, Newton says that veteran WR Jerricho Cotchery, who played for the Panthers a few years ago, could also be in the mix.