Players of the Week
- Falcons QB Matt Ryan was named the NFC offensive player of the week.
- Lions LB DeAndre Levy was named the NFC defensive player of the week.
- Dolphins DE Cameron Wake was named the AFC defensive player of the week.
- Broncos TE Julius Thomas was named the AFC offensive player of the week.
- Vaughn McClure of ESPN.com does not see the Falcons allowing rookie LT Jake Matthews to play in Week 2 after he suffered an ankle injury this past weekend.
HC John Harbaugh told reporters that he expects to go with whoever has the hot hand at running back this year.
“You go with guys that are making plays at those positions,” Harbaugh said, via Jamison Hensley of ESPN. “probably more so at running back than any position, when you have a number of guys kind of in the same spot.”
As of now, the Ravens have Justin Forsett, Bernard Pierce and Lorenzo Taliaferro as their top-three backs. Hensley mentions that Forsett is expected to get the start on Thursday, but Pierce remains in the Ravens’ plans.