- Peter King considers the Chiefs and Texans to be the best landing spots for Tony Romo this offseason. But of the two, King believes the Texans make the most sense for Romo for a variety of reasons.
- King still expects the Patriots to hold onto Jimmy Garoppolo as opposed to trading him in the coming months. Although, King does expect the Browns to inquire about Garoppolo but ultimately get rebuffed unless they’re willing to part with their No. 12 overall pick and another high selection.
- King says he wouldn’t be shocked to see Jay Cutler end up with the Cardinals.
- In regards to Bengals backup QB A.J. McCarron, King says he obvious wants to play somewhere and it’s clear he won’t be playing ahead of Andy Dalton. According to King, McCarron could be an interesting fallback option for the Bears if they’re unable to land one their two or three top choices.
- King believes the Browns should just UNC QB Mitch Trubisky No. 1 overall if they really feel like he’s their guy.
- As for the 49ers, King gets the impression that Kyle Shanahan will allow Colin Kaepernick to depart and then do everything he can to try to lure Kirk Cousins away from the Redskins.
- King thinks the Jets should seriously consider either Mike Glennon or Tyrod Taylor, assuming the Bills don’t pick up Taylor’s option or agree to a restructured deal.
Free agent RB Darren McFadden feels as though the Cowboys “wouldn’t mind keeping me” but he believes he still has plenty left to offer if he ends up being in a position where he’s looking for a new team.
“I still feel fresh,” McFadden said during an appearance on Sirius XM NFL Radio, via Pro Football Talk. “Like you said I didn’t get a lot of wear and tear on my body from the season. I only played in the last three regular season games and the playoff game. I feel like I have a lot that I can offer any team. As far as being out there and a guy that can carry the load, I don’t feel like I’ve lost a step at all. I feel like that any team that want to take a shot at me I don’t think it’d be a bad deal for them.”
- Rich Cimini of ESPN writes that the Jets would ideally find their next quarterback in free agency, as opposed to a trade, given that they need all of their draft picks to continue rebuilding their roster.
- Cimini can’t see Tony Romo wanting to play for the Jets, which could leave them choosing between the likes of Colin Kaepernick, Mike Glennon, and Tyrod Taylor. Cimini points out that there are obvious concerns will all three of these quarterbacks.
- If the Jets want to move forward with a low-cost, bridge option at quarterback, Cimini believes Brian Hoyer could be the answer for them.
Jamison Hensley of ESPN writes that the Ravens can pick up another $20.3 million of cap space by cutting the following six players:
- OLB Elvis Dumervil ($6 million)
- S Lardarius Webb ($5.5 million)
- CB Shareece Wright ($2.6 million)
- C Jeremy Zuttah ($2.3 million)
- CB Kyle Arrington ($2.1 million)
- S Kendrick Lewis ($1.8 million)