- Joel Corry of CBS Sports notes that Eagles DE Vinny Curry‘s recent five-year, $47.25 million deal with $23 million guaranteed could reflect on impending free agent OLB Bruce Irvin‘s next contract.
- Broncos HC Gary Kubiak said SS T.J. Ward (ankle) and FS Darian Stewart (MCL) will resume practice on Wednesday and expects them to play in the Super Bowl.
“I think it’s taking time because it’s more that he was probably born with it or that he’s had, so it’s not like something that’s happened,” McKenzie said, via Jimmy Durkin of Bay Area News Group. “This is something that is, you could call it genetic or whatever, but he’s had since his youth.”
There is still lots of uncertainty regarding Edwards’ injury as McKenzie was unable to provide a timetable for his recovery.
“He’s got to have some series of tests in the next month or so,” said McKenzie. “Once we find out that, we’ll have some more answers. But right now, it’s still the same. We just don’t know.”
Edwards, 22, was selected in the second round of the 2015 NFL Draft and earned a starting spot once DE Justin Tuck sustained a season-ending injury during Week 5.
Pro Football Focus rated Edwards as the No. 29 overall defensive end in a 4-3 scheme after gathering 41 tackles, 2.5 sacks, and two forced fumbles in 2015.
We will provide more information regarding Edwards and his injury once the news becomes available.
- The Saints officially announced the additions to their coaching staff for the 2016 season, including: DC Dennis Allen, assistant HC/TEs coach Dan Campbell, QBs coach Joe Lombardi, DBs coach Aaron Glenn, OL coach Dan Roushar, senior defensive assistant Peter Giunta, pass rush specialist Brian Young, and offensive assistants Ronald Curry and Brendan Nugent.
- Texans RB Arian Foster has been medically cleared to begin “light jogging” after suffering a torn Achilles’ tendon during Week 7, per Aaron Wilson.
- Foster’s doctor said he is still unable to perform pivots or any explosive activity.