Home / Broncos / NFL Notes: Officiating Changes, Broncos, Panthers, Patriots, Rams & Texans
NFL Notes: Officiating Changes, Broncos, Panthers, Patriots, Rams & Texans
- According to Ian Rapoport, the Competition Committee plans to make administrative changes to officiating for this year’s playoffs over issues involving: the clock, the down, and penalty yards.
- Rapoport‘s understanding is that the NFL officiating office in New York will communicate with officials when these issues occur.
- Broncos announced on Tuesday that QB Brock Osweiler will continue to start for Week 15 and that Peyton Manning (plantar fascia) will return to practice this week. (Mike Garafolo)
- Aaron Wilson reports that the Broncos worked out TE/FB Manasseh Garner on Tuesday.
- Mike Klis pointed out that Peyton Manning, Ryan Clady and Louis Vasquez could be vulnerable to being released this offseason, with their non-guaranteed money being a key factor.
- Klis lists each of the player’s salaries for 2016, with Manning making $19 million, Clady making $9.5 million, and Vasquez making $5.5 million.
- Bill Voth of the Black And Blue Review reports that CB Charles Tillman has been dealing with a partially torn ACL and is likely headed to the season-ending injured reserve.
- HC Ron Rivera said on Monday he is waiting to see how Tillman’s injured knee responds during Wednesday’s practice before making any roster decisions.
- According to Voth, the Panthers are planning to promote CB Lou Young from their practice squad once Tillman is placed on the injured reserve.
- According to Jason Cole of B/R, Texans owner Bob McNair was “working closely” with St. Louis on a proposal that would enable the Rams to remain in their city.
- Cole says it is unclear whether the extra $100 million supported from the NFL is a G4 loan or from a surplus of funds, with further uncertainty of how it would be paid.
- Owner Bob McNair said the team “absolutely” needs to invest in a starting quarterback this offseason. (Brian T. Smith)
- McNair said he has no plans to make changes to the GM and head coaching roles after the season. (Brian T. Smith)
- McNair said regarding HC Bill O’Brien, “Does he make mistakes? Sure. But most of his mistakes haven’t been that great and he’s been able to overcome them.”
Tags Bill O'Brien Bob McNair Brock Osweiler Charles Tillman Gary Kubiak LeGarrette Blount Lou Young Manasseh Garner Peyton Manning Ron Rivera