- Southern Utah DB Miles Killebrew said on Tuesday that he has spoke extensively with the Dolphins and met with multiple other teams. (Adam Abramson)
- Tony Pauline reports that the Cowboys met with Southern Utah’s Miles Killebrew Tuesday night.
- According to D. Orlando Ledbetter, FB Chris Swain is interviewing with the Tuesday night.
- North Dakota St. QB Carson Wentz said he has spoken with the Jets. (Paul Schwartz)
- Eliot Shorr-Parks reports that Wentz will also meet with the Eagles on Wednesday.
Eagles vice president of football operations Howie Roseman said the team has time before deciding what to do with impending free agent QB Sam Bradford.
“It’s only January,” Roseman said, via Jeff McLane. “Teams are still playing. So we’ve got some time.”
- According to Draft Insider’s Tony Pauline, defensive backs that the Raiders have been impressed with most at the Senior Bowl include: Southeastern’s Harlan Miller, Samford’s James Bradberry, Boise State’s Darian Thompson and Southern Utah’s Miles Killebrew.
“If I learned one thing last year we should have let the quarterbacks have a competition from the start and the best man win instead of just passing the torch to Nick,” said Snead, via Alex Marvez.
Snead admitted that Foles success in Philadelphia prompted the Rams’ decision early on in the 2015 season to declare him the team’s starting quarterback.
“He obviously had a lot of success at Philly and it was proven so we brought him in,” said Snead. “As you go through things with a new quarterback and he’s learning a new system there’s going to be some growing pains whether it’s in OTAs or training camp.
“You saw that a little bit but, hey, we open up and beat Seattle and went to Arizona and won. He did some good things for us. We just ran into a slump there in the middle of the year.”
- Rams HC Jeff Fisher will interview coaching candidates this week to fill the remaining spots on his staff. (Alex Marvez)