Home / Broncos / NFL Notes: Broncos, Jets, Rams, & Texans
NFL Notes: Broncos, Jets, Rams, & Texans
- According to Troy E. Renck of the Denver Post, the Broncos plan at runningback is for C.J. Anderson to receive the bulk of the carries, while Ronnie Hillman enters as a change-of-pace back.
- Additionally, Renck believes fourth-round rookie RB Devontae Booker has a chance to gain playing time on third downs if he is effective as a pass blocker.
- Renck writes that Todd Davis and Corey Nelson will get the first chance to lock down the starting inside linebacker job that was vacated by Danny Trevathan.
- Renck also believes that second-year LB Zaire Anderson could be in the mix for the inside linebacker job if he is able to show improvement in block shedding and matching up against larger runningbacks.
- Jets WR Eric Decker said he was “surprised” the team took Penn State QB Christian Hackenburg in the second round, considering the other needs New York had leading into the draft. (Brian Lewis)
- For what it’s worth, Decker believes free agent QB Ryan Fitzpatrick is the right man for the Jets quarterback job. (Brian Lewis)
- Texans CB Johnathan Joseph said he recently underwent minor arthroscopic surgery on his right-knee and he has already resumed running. (Mark Berman)
Tags C.J. Anderson Christian Hackenburg Corey Nelson Danny Trevathan Devontae Booker Duke Williams Eric Decker Johnathan Joseph Ronnie Hillman Ryan Fitzpatrick Todd Davis Zaire Anderson