Joel Corry has the contract details for Randall Cobb‘s new four-year, $40 million contract with the Packers.
- Cobb receives a $13 million signing bonus and $3.5 million roster bonus in March of 2016.
- Cobb’s salary cap figures are: $5.35M (2015), $9.15M (2016), $12.75M (2017),and $12.75M (2018).
- The agreement includes $500,000 annually in active per game roster bonuses, which breaks down to $31,250 per game.
- Albert Breer reports that Frank Gore‘s decision to back out on a deal with the Eagles definitely caught people off guard in Philly.
- Breer mentions that the Eagles were one of three teams willing to pay more than $9.5 million per year for S Devin McCourty.
- Joel Corry points out that by declining RB Mark Ingram‘s fifth-year option, the Saints actually saved over $500,000 in salary for the 2015 season, even after they re-signed him.