Home / Colts / NFL Notes: Colts, Jaguars, Lions, & Patriots
NFL Notes: Colts, Jaguars, Lions, & Patriots
- ESPN’s Mike Wells does not believe RB Matt Forte will be on the Colts’ radar this offseason.
- While Wells thinks the Colts will need to find a running back for the future, sixth-round pick RB Josh Robinson will likely get another chance backing up Frank Gore next season.
- Jaguars GM David Caldwell said during his end-of-season conference that Jacksonville is in the position to select the best player available in all rounds of the draft. (Michael DiRocco)
- Mike Rothstein of ESPN does not think the Lions will pursue impending free agent WR Percy Harvin, due to his lack of durability and history of being a disruption in the locker room.
- Rothstein lists offensive tackle, defensive tackle, linebacker, defensive back, and wide receiver as positions to watch for the Lions in the first three rounds of the draft.
- Rothstein can’t see the Lions signing free agent DT Nick Fairley, unless he came at a “super cheap” price.
- Browns RT Mitchell Schwartz is a player Rothstein believes the Lions will consider pursuing if he reaches free agency.
- If Calvin Johnson elects to return for the 2016 season, Rothstein writes his $24 million cap number would require the Lions to discuss a restructure or pay cut.
Tags Akeem Ayers Calvin Johnson Darrelle Revis David Caldwell Frank Gore Matt Forte Mitchell Schwartz Nick Fairley Percy Harvin Shane Vereen Vince Wilfork