Home / Jaguars / NFL Notes: Jaguars, Rams, Ravens, & Vikings
NFL Notes: Jaguars, Rams, Ravens, & Vikings
- According to Mike DiRocco of ESPN, the Jaguars should have a good chance at signing C Alex Mack if he opts out of his contract with the Browns, due to their interest back in 2013.
- Jamison Hensley of ESPN thinks 2015 first-round pick WR Breshad Perriman‘s health issues from last year would prevent them from selecting a player with recent injury concerns like Notre Dame LB Jaylen Smith. Although, Hensley could only see the Ravens drafting Smith if they trade back in the first round.
- Hensley does not think the Ravens would pursue Vikings WR Mike Wallace if he is released.
- In addition, Hensley doesn’t see S Eric Weddle being on their radar due to the presence of starting safeties Will Hill and Kendrick Lewis, and the possibility of Lardarius Webb moving to the safety position.
- In the event Ohio State DE Joey Bosa, Florida State DB Jalen Ramsey and the top two offensive tackles are off the board by the Ravens’ No. 6 overall pick, Hensley could could see them selecting Florida CB Vernon Hargreaves or Oregon DE DeForest Buckner.
- Hensley would be surprised if the Ravens failed to restructure QB Joe Flacco‘s contract this offseason. He credits this to Flacco’s statement back in January when he said, “Come on, I want to win, so I want to do everything we can to get something done.”
- While Ben Goessling of ESPN views OG Kelechi Osemele is a good fit with the Vikings, he knows they will have to spend “big money” to sign him.
- Given Osemele’s possible market price and the presence of multiple veteran offensive linemen on the team with large cap numbers, Goessling believes it will be more suitable for Minnesota to look towards the draft for offensive line help.
- According to Goessling, Kansas State OG Cody Whitehair will likely be targeted by the Vikings.
- Goessling expects second-year undrafted free agent QB Taylor Heinicke to compete for the No. 2 quarterback role.
- HC Mike Zimmer said last year that he could see MLB Eric Kendricks as a weak-side linebacker in the long term, per Goessling.
- Goessling has “no doubt” that the Vikings will provide a contract extension to FS Harrison Smith, who is locked up for 2016 under his fifth-year option.
- Goessling anticipates Smith commanding a four-year contract that will pay between $35 and $40 million with at least $15 to $20 million guaranteed.
Tags Alex Mack Breshad Perriman Brian Quick Cody Whitehair Cory Harkey DeForest Buckner Eric Kendricks Eric Weddle Eugene Sims Greg Zuerlein Harrison Smith Jalen Ramsey Janoris Jenkins Jaylen Smith Joe Flacco Joey Bosa Kelechi Osemele Kendrick Lewis Lardarius Webb Mark Barron Mike Wallace Nick Fairley Rodney McLeod Taylor Heinicke Tim Barnes Trumaine Johnson Vernon Hargreaves Will Hill William Hayes