Home / Dolphins / NFL Notes: Dolphins, Rams, Ravens, & Vikings
NFL Notes: Dolphins, Rams, Ravens, & Vikings
- James Walker of ESPN doesn’t expect veteran WR Greg Jennings to be back with the Dolphins next season due to his lack of production and the emergence of younger receivers like Jarvis Landry and DeVante Parker.
- According to Walker, the Dolphins are expected to move on from TE Jordan Cameron due to his $7.5 million salary for 2016 while only bringing in 35 receptions last season.
- Walker also believes DT Earl Mitchell will be released since he has failed to produce for two straight seasons.
- Nick Wagoner of ESPN views RG Rodger Saffold as a potential cap casualty because of his cap hit of nearly $6 million next season.
- However, Wagoner would not be shocked to see Saffold return due the experience he has on their offensive line.
- Jamison Hensley of ESPN does not envision the Ravens trading up into the top five of this year’s draft to select a player such as Ohio State DE Joey Bosa, Ole Miss OT Laremy Tunsil, or Florida State DB Jalen Ramsey.
- Hensley notes the Ravens not trading up in the past six years as an indicator that they won’t be doing so this time around either.
- Hensley expects Baltimore to select a defensive player in the first round and mentions pass-rusher and cornerback as key positions worth addressing.
- Despite recommending some defensive additions, Hensley writes that targeting a capable left tackle this offseason should also be among the Ravens’ top three priorities.
- Hensley mentions that Notre Dame OT Ronnie Stanley has been heavily linked to the Ravens at No. 6 overall.
- Ben Goessling of ESPN believes the Vikings could give LT Matt Kalil, who is set to be a free agent in 2017, a two- or three-year deal that would come with a lower cap figure than the $11.1 million he’s schedule to count against their cap.
- According to Goessling, there is no doubt that John Sullivan will start at center next season if he is fully recovered from the back surgery he had in October.
- Goessling mentions Zac Kerin and Nick Easton as young options on the team that could eventually become the Vikings’ center of the future.
Tags Earl Mitchell Greg Jennings Jalen Ramsey Joey Bosa Jordan Cameron Laremy Tunsil Roger Saffold