Former Ravens LB Ray Lewis said he has been considering coaching at the NFL level.
“I’ve been asked that a lot,” Lewis said, via Garrett Downing of the Ravens official site. “A few years out, a few years removed for me – I’m thinking about it a little bit.”
Lewis went on to say he is unsure if he will jump directly into coaching, but that he is “definitely” looking into the possibility.
“I don’t know if I’ll go directly into it, but it’s something I’m definitely looking into,” Lewis said.
- According to Eric Branch of the San Francisco Chronicle, the 49ers met with Vikings assistant GM George Paton on Friday night regarding their GM job and will bring in Cardinals VP of player personnel Terry McDonough on Saturday.
Bills DT Kyle Williams, who has one-year remaining on his contract, says the team’s new coaching staff wants him back and he is preparing to continue in Buffalo.
“You know, I really haven’t thought about it right now. Just been down here and the first few weeks of the offseason I’ve just tried to reconnect with my family and everything like that. But I always take a month or so off then I’ll get back to preparing like I’m going to be back in Buffalo and I’m going to play,” said Williams, via Conor Orr of Around The NFL.
“Talking with them, they want me back and I’m just going to prepare like I am. We’ll see where we end up.”
- Mike DiRocco of ESPN expects the offensive line to be the Jaguars’ top priority in free agency and believes Lions G Larry Warford will be their No. 1 target, should he reach the open market.
- DiRocco would draft Texas A&M DE Myles Garrett or Alabama DT Jonathan Allen with the Jaguars’ No. 4 overall pick, while draft experts believe the team would select LSU S Jamal Adams.
- As for possible quarterback options, DiRocco would be “absolutely stunned” if Jacksonville traded the No. 4 overall pick for Patriots QB Jimmy Garoppolo. Additionally, DiRocco thinks “it would make no sense” for Cowboys QB Tony Romo to sign with the Jaguars if he is released this offseason.
- Darryl Slater and Connor Hughes of NJ Advance Media reports the Jets “love” Alabama LB Ryan Anderson.