Ian Rapoport reports that Tom Condon, the agent for free agent DL Ray McDonald, has informed teams that the Santa Clara DA will not pursue charges against his client for allegations stemming from a sexual assault incident that took place in December of last year.
It will be interesting to see what kind of interest he finds this offseason, as teams are clearly weighing off-the-field issues more heavily in their decision making nowadays.
- James Walker of ESPN writes that veteran DL Vince Wilfork would be a good fallback option for the Dolphins if they’re unable to sign DT Ndamukong Suh in the coming days.
- Tony Pauline reports that the Eagles had dinner with Clemson LB Stephone Anthony on Wednesday.
“I will be back in Detroit for my 10th season this year. I appreciate the Lions organization for believing in me and having the confidence that I’ll be back to the player that I’ve always been. Trust and know I grind hard everyday and will hit the field running when its time to suit up.”
- Tim Twentyman reports that the Lions hosted Indiana RB Tevin Coleman for a pre-draft visit today.
- Chris Russell confirms the reports that Kirk Cousins is expected to remain with the Redskins for the 2015 season.
- According to Russell, Cousins is expected to be “given a chance to compete” for the starting job.