- The National Football League will introduce an annual award this year to recognize NFL players who exemplify outstanding sportsmanship on the field, commissioner Roger Goodell announced today.
“While we enjoy the incredible performance of NFL players on the field, we must never forget a core value of football that transcends all levels of play and exemplifies the complete athlete–sportsm
- Former Ravens RB Ray Rice‘s appeal hearing for his indefinite suspension has been scheduled for November 5-6. (Aaron Wilson)
- Multiple teams were interested in signing RB Kapri Bibbs from Denver’s practice squad before the Broncos signed him to their active roster. (Jeff Legwold)
- The Bills were of the teams that approached Bibbs prior to the Broncos promoting him from the practice squad. (Mike Klis)
- DT Amobi Okoye is expected to practice on Thursday for the first time since being diagnosed with anti-NMDA receptor encephalitis, a seizure inducing illness that is known to be fatal. (Adam Caplan)
- HC Chip Kelly mentioned that C Travis Kelce, RB Darren Sproles, and LB Mychal Kendricks all put in full practices on Tuesday.
- HC Mike Tomlin said ILB Ryan Shazier (knee) is “extremely close” to returning.