“The reason why I’m not playing football, you do the dots,” Rice said. “It ain’t because I’m a bad football player. That’s just keeping it real. I’m never giving up and never giving in.”
Rice added that he would still like to play and has no intention of giving up on a return to the NFL.
“I can still play football,” Rice said. “I’m never going to give up. You’re never going to hear me say I gave up.”
- Daniel Jeremiah mentions that Alabama OL Cam Robinson is the offensive lineman generating the most buzz right now from coaches and scouts around the league. According to Jeremiah, Robinson’s outstanding size, length and power paired with a strong combine workout and impressive interviews with teams could be enough for him to come off the board between picks No. 15 – 20.
- Sticking with offensive linemen, Jeremiah wouldn’t be surprised to see a run on offensive line prospects take place in the latter portion of round two with potential targets being: Indiana G Dan Feeney, Miami (Ohio) OT Collin Buchanan, Temple OT Dion Dawkins, Western Michigan OT Taylor Moton, Troy OT Antonio Garcia, Ohio State C Pat Elflein, LSU C Ethan Pocic and Pitt G Dorian Johnson.
- An ascending player to keep an eye on, according to Jeremiah, is Penn State WR Chris Godwin, who has put together a strong showing during the draft process and could now end up being a second-round pick.
- Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald mentions that the Dolphins will continue to search for defensive tackle help and lists Kendall Reyes, Paul Soliai, Jonathan Babineaux, Corbin Bryant, Tyrunn Walker, Cam Thomas, Vance Walker, Roy Miller, Tyson Jackson, Legar Douzable, Billy Winn, Tony McDaniel, Tyson Alualu and Sen’Derrick Marks as names to keep an eye on.
- According to Jackson, the Dolphins okay if Jermon Bushrod and Ted Larsen wound up being their starting guard for the 2017 season.