- Joel Corry of CBS Sports writes that the Steelers shouldn’t have any issues paying franchise RB Le’Veon Bell more than the $8.01 million per year the Bills are paying RB LeSean McCoy. In fact, Corry says that Pittsburgh could include performance bonuses that could push his total earners up to around $12 million, which is what he would make under the franchise tag.
- As for Falcons RB Devonta Freeman, Corry believes that the Falcons should be willing to pay Freeman in the neighborhood of the five-year, $32.5 million contract signed by Texans RB Lamar Miller and the five-year, $32 million deal signed by Jaguars RB Chris Ivory.
- Brad Biggs of the Chicago Tribune does not think Bears HC John Fox would consider sitting first-round QB Mitch Trubisky just buy himself another year. In fact, Biggs says that Fox and his stay likely would survive another 3-13 season and will be doing whatever it takes to win as many games as possible.
- Biggs thinks WR Markus Wheaton has a better chance to start over Victor Cruz and Kendall Wright since he is better as an outside receiver.
- Biggs mentions that RB Ka’Deem Carey is in the final year of his contract and could face a battle to make the active roster. However, Biggs also says Carey could “potentially” backup Jordan Howard.
- As for the job security of Fox and GM Ryan Pace, Biggs does not think the two will be evaluated as a pair. Biggs mentions that Pace’s five-year contract and Fox’s four-year deal are not on the same timeline.
“We’ve been to hell and back at this point,” Worley said, via Jourdan Rodriguez of the Charlotte Observer. “I feel like there’s nothing we haven’t faced. So we should be able to prepare and shake off anything that may happen, and get ready for the next play.”
Bradberry adds that he was confused at times as a rookie but is more familiar with the defense and is able to get a better read on offenses.
“Last year, I was a little confused (during minicamp),” Bradberry said. “Things were happening so fast. Now I’m able to read the offense a little bit more. I’m familiar with the defense and I’m able to play a lot faster.”