The NFL announced Friday that they’ve hired one new referee and 10 first-year NFL officials among the group of 122.
Veteran NFL official John Hussey has been promoted to referee to replace Bill Leavy, who will join the NFL officiating staff as a supervisor.
- The Bills signed LB Michael Buchanan to a two-year, $1.285 million deal that’s non-guaranteed. (Aaron Wilson)
- ESPN’s Adam Caplan reports that the Broncos signed RT Ryan Harris to a one-year, $1.42 million contract that includes $50,000 guaranteed.
- According to Adam Caplan, Eagles undrafted free agent OL Brett Boyko could “seriously push” for roster spot this summer.
- Caplan notes that the Eagles gave Boyko $20,000 fully guaranteed upon signing him back in May.
- Adam Caplan reports that the Falcons signed veteran OL Chris Chester to a one-year deal that includes $550,000 fully guaranteed in the form of a signing bonus.
- Chester will make a base salary of $1.55 million to go along with $700,000 in per game roster bonuses.
- Aaron Wilson reports that the Redskins signed defensive tackle Jerrell Powe to a one-year deal worth $745,000.