- Free agent Reggie Wayne tells Mike Chappell that he still wants to play in 2015 if the “situation is right.”
- Ian Rapoport spoke to a “respected evaluator” who views Georgia’s Todd Gurley as the best running-back prospect since Adrian Peterson.
- Washington CB Marcus Peters met with the Jets Wednesday night and will meet with Saints and Browns. (Tony Pauline)
- Washington LB Shaq Thompson has met with the Chargers and is scheduled to meet with the Panthers Thursday evening. Thompson reportedly has nine visits lined up as of now. (Tony Pauline)
- Mike Garafolo reports that RB Stevan Ridley had a long visit with the Jets on Thursday and will be staying the night in New York.
- However, Garafolo adds that there is no word right now regarding an agreement between the two parties. Ridley reportedly has interest from other NFL teams.
- Tony Pauline reports that the Ravens are hoping Washington CB Marcus Peters will be available to them in round one.
Saints QB Drew Brees mentioned during an interview with WWL Radio in New Orleans on Thursday that everyone was caught off guard by the Jimmy Graham.
“Jimmy was like a brother to me,” Brees said, via ESPN.com. “He was close to so many guys on the team. That part of it is something that people lose track of. As a football player, he’s a rare, rare talent. Not having a guy like that on the field with you is a difference-maker. Just the relationships that you build in the locker room, that’s really the part that’s the hardest, just because you’re used to being around each other and the way your families do things together. You build a relationship and you become very close. But then, things happen and all of the sudden you’re on a different team. It doesn’t change the way we feel about each other. We’re just not going to see each other all that often.”
Brees also said that he’s hoping to finish out his career with the Saints.
“I do, absolutely,” Brees said. “But I also understand the reality of the business and everything. You’ve got to perform and you’ve got to give them a reason to keep you around.”
- Seahawks HC Pete Carroll mentioned that they are still hoping to re-sign QB Tarvaris Jackson. (Bob Condotta)