Home / Jaguars / NFL Notes: Reuben Foster, Jaguars, Raiders, Redskins
NFL Notes: Reuben Foster, Jaguars, Raiders, Redskins
- Despite the recent news that Alabama LB Reuben Foster produced a diluted sample at the Combine, which counts as a failed drug test, Mike Mayock does see him sliding all that far and expects him to be a top-20 pick with the possibility of going top-10 still being in play. (CFB 24/7)
- Mayock added that Foster’s argument at the Combine that led to him being sent home has been “wiped clean” by NFL teams and won’t hurt him. (Chase Goodbread)
- While that may be the case, other’s aren’t as convinced Foster’s stock will remain as solid. Michael Lombardi says that teams drafting between No. 33 and No. 45 will be comfortable with Foster because it’s likely he’ll still be on the board at that point.
- Matt Miller also mentions that Foster could fall to the “Myles Jack” range.
- According to Ryan O’Halloran, Jaguars HC Doug Marrone was “clearly pissed” about lack of communication with newly acquired LT Brandon Albert, even though the offseason workouts he’s missed have been voluntary.
- Raiders GM Reggie McKenzie said of a potential extension for QB Derek Carr: “I feel good about getting it done.” (Scott Bair)
- McKenzie made it clear that they plan to bolster their depth at linebacker in the coming weeks: “We’re going to get a couple, whether it’s in the draft or post-draft.” (Vic Tafur)
- According to Matt Miller, he’s heard that Temple LB Haason Reddick could end up with the Redskins and one source has told him that Washinton really likes Reddick.
- Miller adds that it could require the Redskins to trade up in order to get Reddick, but they’re “smitten with him.“
Tags Brandon Albert Derek Carr Doug Marrone Haason Reddick Reggie McKenzie Reuben Foster