Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News reports that Rex Ryan wanted the Falcons job, but was feeling strung along by the team.
According to Mehta, the Bills made Ryan feel wanted and embraced him from the first interview last week.
Atlanta reportedly hesitated about bringing Ryan back for a second interview last week, but he would have canceled his trip to Buffalo Thursday morning if the Falcons had committed to meeting with him for a second time.
Sources tell Mehta that Ryan didn’t believe Falcons GM Thomas Dimitroff was in his corner.
Jason La Canfora reports that the Bills brass and Ryan are flying back to western New York and a formal announcement will be coming shortly after.
- Alex Marvez reports that Chan Gailey is a candidate for the Browns’ offensive coordinator position.
- Ian Rapoport reports Raiders QBs coach John DeFilippo will interview with the Browns later this week
- Ian Rapoport reports that Cowboys OC/OL coach Bill Callahan’s contract is up, and he’s already drawing interest from other teams.
- According to Rapoport, this could lead to promotion for passing game coordinator Scott Linehan.
- The Giants have yet to schedule an interview with Ravens DBs coach Steve Spagnuolo for their defensive coordinator vacancy, but Aaron Wilson reports that this is likely to change in the near future.
- According to Ian Rapoport, Ravens OC Gary Kubiak has not received a raise or an extension, but has instead decided that he wants to remain with the Ravens.
“Sounds like he’s just… staying,” Rapoport tweets. “Just wants to be there.”