“This is something that’s going to play positive on both ends — on the organization that is trying to regain its power and on Richard,” Branton said. “They’re making it seem like they don’t need him. This is the same player that everyone doubted and denied, saying he’s too tall, too slow, his hips aren’t good enough, fifth-rounder. This is a new chip Richard is going to use. He’s going to be like, ‘You think you can trade me? I’m going to show you guys. That you would even talk about trading me…’ This is a new obstacle, mentally.”
Branton did, however, say that his brother does not want to be traded.
“He doesn’t want to leave behind that brotherhood,” Sherman’s brother said. “That’s whatever it is. It’s a business deal.“
- Alabama OL Cam Robinson is visiting with the Jaguars on Wednesday and has visits lined up with the 49ers, Broncos and Bengals after that, according to Ian Rapoport.
- Washington WR John Ross is visiting with the Ravens on Wednesday and the Titans on Thursday. (Mike Garafolo)
- Miami TE David Njoku mentioned that he’ll be traveling to Cleveland to meet with the Browns on Thursday. (Nate Ulrich)
- The Dolphins reportedly have their eye on Oklahoma DT Charles Walker, who could be a day-two target for Miami. (Armando Salguero)
- The Cowboys are hosting Oregon State CB Treston Decoud and Colorado S Tedric Thompson for pre-draft visits. (Ian Rapoport)
- LSU WR Malachi Dupre will take pre-draft visits to the Saints, Panthers and Browns. (Ross Dellenger)
- Purdue wide receiver DeAngelo Yancey will visit with the Seahawks on Thursday. (Aaron Wilson)
- FOX 10 Phoenix reports that Cardinals WR Marquis Bundy was arrested for disorderly conduct and failing to obey a police officer last Saturday in Scottsdale, Arizona.
- Bundy apparently was upset after he lost his hat inside a Scottsdale club. Police attempted to calm him down and asked him to leave, but Bundy refused and began yelling at them.